Hello my fellas :D today I’d like to share my thoughts about Makeup sponge! Yes, makeup sponge… have you tried it before? Even if you're still a beginner or makeup artist, you might have missed some additional information about makeup sponge and I'm here for you to share what I've got about makeup sponge ^_^ If you have another information to share, please comment below.. I'll really appreciate it :D
Before we discuss further about my personal thoughts, we should getting know about..
1. What is makeup sponge?
2. How to differentiate them
3. Why should we use it?
★ Make up Sponges★
Make up Sponges, or as known as cosmetic sponges are sponges that used to apply and remove certain types of make up, moisturizer and cleanser (Preferably used to apply foundation). They come in many sizes, varieties and prices. Makeup Sponge can be purchased at local drugstores or high-end department stores.
★ How to differentiate them ★
They are able to be found in many shapes like wedge shapes, round puffs, smooth, rough, porous, dense or any other shape or texture; depending on the purpose.
To be more specific...
1. Triangular shape or Precut Wedges Makeup Sponges
Makeup sponge which has smooth texture and semi-dense thickness are best used to apply liquid foundation. This makeup sponge helps us to apply foundation easier, blended well and becomes more flawless. Usually this sponge has pointy edges, similar with cone shape.
2. Round or Square Makeup Sponge
This kind of makeup sponge usually has thick density, as comes in many sizes as well. This makeup sponge is used to apply pressed powder and able to generate nice silky finish result.
3. Cellulose Sponge
A rough, porous makeup sponge is the best choice for makeup removal. These sponges are highly absorbent, and their rougher texture serves as a tool for dislodging makeup embedded in pores, ensuring a clean, fresh face. The type of sponge recommended for this purpose is named cellulose makeup sponge. The porous nature of the cellulose sponge allows the cleanser and water to be distributed throughout the sponge and mixed together when gently squeezed. This kind of sponge is used to cleanse face as they are able to clean the dirt on our face thoroughly.
4. Eye's makeup Sponge Applicator or Sponge Tip Applicator
This sponge tip applicator can be purchased individually or bundled with palette. Most of makeup brands usually including sponge tip applicator (at least one) inside their palette makeup. Sponge Tip Applicator is also could be found in many sizes and tips, well.. this sponge is not really durable and easy to be torn after few month usage.
★ Why Should We Use It?★
Unless you've found a foundation made from heaven, getting a perfect smooth application isn't easy. If you're not into brushes or using your finger tips to apply your foundation, you should use a wedge makeup sponge as makeup artist all around the world usually do.
People told me, this is one of the easiest & best way to apply foundation - WITH MAKEUP SPONGE.
Despite the fact that you or me might be not a professional makeup artist, we still need makeup sponge to create a properly foundation application, without leaving a visible streaks or harsh dragging motion on our skin.
Dampen your sponge slightly and blend the foundation onto your skin. This would generate a smooth application and will brush over fine lines like a breeze. You have two different ways when applying foundation, you can apply the foundation directly with your damp sponge or apply your foundation before, then take the damp sponge and go over your face to smooth it out.
For BB cream or Foundation application, I admit that I'm the one of lazy women who doesn't like to use makeup sponge for my foundation application (I'm not into brush neither sponge, I'm fingertips person :P LOL). Why I'm lazy to use makeup sponge for foundation application? Because it's kinda unpractical and bring some troublesome for me.. You know.. you need to wash your wedges sponge regularly and I prefer to use my fingers to apply my BB cream instead of using brush or makeup sponge.
Nonetheless, sometimes I'm realized that I DO NEED a sponge to generate a flawless smooth application without looking cakey and visible streaks, and I found this magic sponge few years ago...
BeautyBlender - a tear shape makeup sponge with bouncy texture and multi-function benefit!
You can look like a movie star without the pricey services of major makeup artist. Beauty Blender, the ultimate make up sponge applicator. Invented by top Hollywood make up artist Rea Ann Silva, Beautyblender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Silva knows that the key to a perfect face is simple: a perfect blend. So forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste make up and can leave visible streaks.
Beautyblender's patent pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your makeup dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is late free, non-allergenic and odor free (credit)
I bet you've ever heard about this sponge at least once in your lifetime. Who doesn't recognize this magic sponge? Professional makeup artist, celebrities even famous beauty guru in Youtube like Michelle Phan, Bubzbeauty, Gossmakeup also being fans of this BeautyBlender ^^
As far as I know, BeautyBlender is the first pioneer for unique makeup sponge in such shape and function (Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong). No wonder some brands and makeup manufacturers also following BeautyBlender's path, by creating some unique makeup sponges that we usually call as Dupe of BeautyBlender.
How to use and store BeautyBlender?
How to create a flawless makeup application with BeautyBlender?
1. Wet ur sponge! Run your beauty blender sponge under the tap, and then squeeze it to wring out excess water. If you need to clean your sponge, now would be a good time, before you use it on your face. Make sure the sponge has the perfect consistency before using it. "The blender will enlarge and will also feel fluffy to the touch,"
2. Foundation/BBcream/etc! Pour a small amount of foundation on the back of your hand, warming it to create a smooth consistency for application. Press the smaller tip of the sponge into the makeup. "In small dabs, start applying your foundation on your forehead and work your way down to your nose, then towards the outside of your face," Pelayo says. "For fuller coverage, repeat this step until desired coverage is reached."
3. Don't forgef the small spots! Use the tip of the beauty blender to reach any spots you might have overlooked, like the inside corners of your eyes, the outer crease of your nose and your jawline.
4. Conceal! Still have some imperfections uncovered? The beauty blender can handle that, too. Adding a small amount of concealer to the back of your hand, dab the moistened sponge in the product. "Start by pressing on your concealer using the pointy tip of the beauty blender, and be sure to dab underneath the eye, working your way from the inner corner to where the coverage is needed," (credit)
After using BeautyBlender, you can cleanse your cute sponge with Blendercleanser or Solid Bleandercleanser :D
My personal thoughts
The reasons why I'd rather to choose BeautyBlender instead of regular sponges:
- It absorbs less of liquid foundation compared to regular sponges
- Will generate a flawless, foolproof, and perfectly smooth application
- Will not leaves visible streaks like regular sponges do.
- Each BeautyBlender can be used to up to 12 months (depending on how often you use it; if you use it often, it might be only last for 3 months usage)
I definitely want to try this BeautyBlender because I want to prove their claims about this Ultimate Make Up Sponge Applicator ^^ Who doesn't want to try this makeup sponge that everyone raves about?? :D
I guess it's time to say good bye to regular triangular wedges sponge and fingertips? :p
Let's welcome BeautyBlender in Indonesia ^^ Modernize the way you make up!
For further information about BeautyBlender Indonesia,
you can see their updates through:
Hopefully you'll find this post helpful enough ^^
See ya on my next post!